Saturday, May 24, 2008

My boys got picked up today...

No, not by the police, but by two 8 year old girls in a bowling alley...right in front of me!!! Craig took the boys fishing this morning. They came home for lunch and then I took the boys bowling while Craig sealed the deck. They had a great time and bowled really well. Ava had fun watching and clapped for her brothers when they did well. In the alley next to us was two 8 year old girls with one of their Dad's. I noticed that while we were bowling they were looking at the boys and whispering and giggling. I thought, OMG, they think the boys are cute...how cute is that. Then the girls got braver and one said "hi" to Brian and the other one waved to Justin. So we finished our four games and we went to the counter to pay (and also book their birthday party). All of a sudden one of the girls is next to me asking the man behind the counter for a pen. I thought...no, she's not...and YES SHE DID!! She wrote down her phone number and gave it to Brian!! Then the other one did the same and gave it to Justin!! Then MY BOYS wrote down their numbers and gave it to them!! WHAT?!?! Since when did little girls become so aggressive?? I couldn't believe it!! Well, the boys were so excited. As we got into the car Justin said..."What a day! First fishing, then bowling and then we get girlfriends!" Oh lord, I think I aged 20 years today...

Flash forward to 8pm...the boys are outside playing...Craig & I are playing in the family room w/Ava and the phone rings. IT'S THE GIRLS!! They must have been having a sleep over. They called twice and hung up when Craig answered. The third time they asked for the boys. We told them they were out. When they returned they called the girls a few times. Brian asked how old they were (on my request)...they said 8 and asked how hold they were...Brian says "6 1/2...oh wait, I mean 6 3/4!" It was too precious. The boys really had nothing to say so they said goodbye. They went to bed around 9:20 and the phone rings at 9:30 and its the girls again! I told them the boys went to bed and said good night. They'll forget about this by Monday, right?? I don't think I can handle girls calling every night...not yet anyway!

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of this beautiful holiday weekend!!
Jen :]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I dread that day when my boys start getting phone calls from girls. Yikes! Seems like you handled it well. Good job, mom!

Alex and Sam said...

jenn...
now thats a riot!!!!! cant wait to hear more girl stories... LOL

alex

Steph said...

WHAT?!?! OH MY!!! That seems awfully young!! GEEEEEEEZ!!