Ava saw the doctor today for her 9 month well check. He was very pleased with how she looked and her development. She's doing everything a 9 month old should be doing...crawling, pulling to standing, cruising along furniture, babbling & cooing, etc. She gained almost one pound in less than a month. I need to start adding more table foods & meat now, so that should be fun. She always wants to eat what we're eating so that should make her happier.
And the sleeping is still going great...we've got 3 nights down in the crib and she's slept from around 9pm-9am each night. She doesn't even cry in the morning...when I walk in to make sure she's still breathing (hey, I've never had a kid sleep this late so I always assume something's wrong...) she's already awake but just laying there like she's waiting for me. Then she sits up and smiles! She's too cute. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this continues cause mama likes her sleep!
On a final note, please keep all the Guatemalan babies and adoptive families in your prayers. There are almost 3000 families whose cases have been suspended (even though we were all grandfathered in under the old laws!!! grrrr...) and it looks like they'll be stalled for months. They are definitely all in our thoughts.
Jen
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Well check visit...
Posted by
redhawks
at
5:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It's great that Miss Ava is doing well. Before too long you will have to "Ava Proof" the house.....
jen,
so glad the doc visit went well.. I have to be honest, I am WAY JEALOUS about the sleeping thing!!! LOL
Wonderful!!! Okay, so what is your trick to get her sleeping in her crib????? Seriously!
Post a Comment