There was a lot going on Friday...a lot of press releases and talk of a meeting in Guatemala with key stakeholders who would determine the definition of an "in process" case. Well, the meeting didn't happen because certain key people would not be present. Now the meeting is supposed to happen this coming week...we'll see. JCICS and the US Department of State issued press releases on Friday as well...
JCICS 12/14/07
US DOS statement
And of course the ADA chimed in...
ADA 12/14/07
I'm encouraged by the JCICS statement. It really sounds like all interested parties do not want to make PGN the cutoff for being in process. Hopefully they will get together early this week and clarify all this so we can all breathe a sigh of relief.
In Ava news, I found out that she was once again moved to a new foster mother. I was surprised, because I had just met her foster mother and she was wonderful and seemed so loving. And it was obvious that Ava loved her too. I'm sure she was heartbroken when they took her away. Apparently Ava's doctor recommended that she be moved. It was for nothing specific, he just felt she needed to be with a more experienced foster mother. Maybe it had to do w/her developmental skills...my int'l adoption doctor was concerned that she still keeps her hands fisted a lot at this age. Maybe a more experienced foster mom would know how to work with her to get her opening up her hands more and reaching for things. She's with a young family now who's been with our agency for a while. They are a married couple with a 5 yr old child. A couple of girls on my agency forum said how wonderful they are. So hopefully Ava is settling in with the family and adjusting well.
That's it for now...hopefully we'll have clarification of the grandfather clause this week. Oh yea, and I'm still waiting for pre-approval from the US Embassy...it will be 42 days tomorrow. They haven't issued one since last Monday. Good work USE!!!
Jen
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Some updates from Friday...
Posted by
redhawks
at
10:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I know that must be heartbreaking for the foster mother to lose Ava, but I'm happy Ava will be with a young family that has a good reputation. I'm sorry your PA is taking forever. Hopefully you'll make up that time in PGN. Love to you!
Joanna
I am so sorry all this political back and forth is such a nightmare, but it sounds like there is reason to be hopeful.
My heart also goes out to little Ava and her FM. They both must be so sad with the change. I hope she makes a smooth transition to her new foster home.
Sending (((HUGS))) and prayers for PA!
Melis
I am so sorry Ava was moved! I pray that she is with a family who will help her develop in the best possible way!!
Come on USE!! Issue a few hundred PAs tomorrow!! It's time to see them!!
Praying for your process to speed up and a quick ride through PGN!!
Gretchen
Post a Comment