Saturday, November 24, 2007

Visit Trip Pics - Final part 3

Here's another slideshow from our last couple of days. She was returned to her wonderful foster mother today at 4pm. It was sheer torture...one of the hardest moments of my life; but I could tell how much her foster mother loves her. She cried when she dropped her off and she cried today when she picked her up. She called her "mi amor"...my love. She is being well taken care of, that's for sure. Enjoy the pics and I'll "see" you all when we get home tomorrow.



Jen :)

10 comments:

The gFamily said...

It looks like you had such a wonderful trip! I am so happy that you got to spend precious time with Ava. I know the pain of leaving your baby and you are right, it is one of the most difficult things there is to do! This process is difficult, but so worth it in the end!! I will be thinking about you this week!!

If you have time, I would love to know how you liked the Westin. I will be there in a week!

Pineapple Princess said...

Aaaw! She is amazing! I bet you had fun with your fashion shows and all her beautiful clothes! She looks adorable in her hats and bows!!!

Joanna said...

She's so gorgeous!! How did you get her smiling so big for you? By the time my digital camera actually flashes, the face has changed about 3 times! :)

Leaving your baby in Guatemala definitely sucks more than any words can explain. Trust me, you'll be planning your next visit trip before your practically return home. (Just ask Gretchen!) HA HA!

Much love to you and Ava. I'll be thinking of you...

XOXO,
Joanna

Joanna said...

PS: Her little Hannah dress is the same one I bought for Myla! May I ask what size Ava's is? I bought Myla a 60, but am wondering if it will be too big! :) (Since Myla and Ava are just 1 day apart in age!)

By the way, you look beautiful - and you have great hair, too! :)

The Wilkens Family said...

So precious! Love the dress!

Steph said...

Oh my gosh, she is just gorgeous. As hard as it is to leave, these memories are worth it and they will carry you through.

Aileen said...

Can't even imagine how hard it was for you to return her to her foster mom (but I'll be finding out in a month when we travel). I hope the rest of your process is speedy so you'll be back in no time!

Garland Family said...

I have been following your blog since you received your referral. That is when my husband and I started working on our dossier with FTIA. We are currently on the girl waiting list. I have loved seeing photos of your visit trip. Ava is beautiful.
Melissa

Kathryn said...

Looks like you had an amazing trip and your daughter is beautiful!

Lots and lots of hugs to you!

Kat

Emily said...

Jen:

I love all the pics- Ava looks like SUCH a happy baby-- very comfortable with her mom and dad!! So glad you had a good visit. :-)

Emily