So I mentioned that I have been waiting 13 weeks for my referral as of yesterday. When I first signed on with the agency the wait for a girl was 12-14 weeks, with some receiving there's at 10 or 11 weeks. By the time I received my I171-H and got on the list, the wait was changed to 14-16 weeks. When I reached 12 weeks on the list the time was changed yet again to 16-18 weeks. It still remains that timeframe as of today. That will put my referral between 9/10 & 9/24...ugh. I really thought I would have her by labor day at the latest. It feels sometimes like I am chasing a moving target. Well, the boys start school on the 5th and I think I'm going to have a P/T job at their school starting the same day, so hopefully that will keep me busy enough to keep my mind off everything. They'll have school, CCD, football practice & games, and I'll have work plus regular household stuff to do. Should keep me occupied, right?!?
What did Tom Petty say??
"The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part"
Jen :]
EDITED TO ADD: Another girl on the waitlist just emailed her coordinator (who is different than mine obviously) and she told her it moved back down to 14-16 weeks. Who knows which one is right, but it sounds better to me!! Maybe it will be 1-3 more weeks instead of 3-5!! :)
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Most likely 3-5 weeks to go...
Posted by
redhawks
at
12:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
It will probably be good to get the boys in school for a few weeks before the uproar of a new sister...just trying to find some positive spin on waiting :)
It's so close......
Kat
I am praying for a 1-3 week wait!! Anything is possible!! Come on FTIA, we need another huge batch of referrals!!!
You're so close! I have a feeling it will come in the next 1-3 weeks, too! :-)
Hang in there, babe. I have a feeling it will be here in the 14-16 week timeline. :) Congrats on the P/T job. I'm needing some distraction, too!
Post a Comment