I stole a quote from my FTIA pal Nicole :) which she read in a book called "The Sunflower" by Richard Paul Evans. It's about a woman who travels to Peru and makes a stop at an orphanage.
We carry around in our heads these pictures of what our lives are supposed to look like, painted by the brush of our intentions. It's the great, deep secret of humanity that in the end none of our lives look the way we thought they would. As much as we wish to believe otherwise, most of life is a reaction to circumstances.
How true is that?!? If you would have asked me 2, 5, 10, even 20 years ago if I would be adopting a baby I would have said no...never in a million years...never occurred to me. Of course I always knew it was an option, but had never reached that point. We were so lucky to become pregnant with our boys so early in our infertility treatment (even though it took us 2 years to conceive them, our 1st IUI was a success). So of course when I realized I wanted another child I thought all I needed to do was another IUI. I never thought it wouldn't work. But after surgery & 6 IUIs we needed to make a decision, and we chose adoption. We reacted to our circumstances. I have to go buy this book.
Jen:)

6 comments:
Wow, that is so true!! Thank you for sharing!
I just came upon your beautiful website! My prayers are with you as you await the referral of your daughter! It is an amazing process.
Kathy
Waiting on Greyson
http://web.mac.com/kfm7741
I know what you mean! 9 IUI's and 1 IVF later, we finally met our son in Guatemala. Simply awesome!
And how lovely is it that out of circumstance will come another love of your life? :) We can plan all we want but isn't it so often that things we don't plan that fill us the most.
I am thinking of you and hoping that your referral comes so very soon.
You should be getting another package any day now...
With love,
Your SBP
oops, proofreading moment...
Try this...
We can plan all we want, but it is so often we find that the things we don't plan fill us the most.
There, I feel better now
OCDSBP
:)
Jen
Thanks for sharing this, it is so true.
Oh, and I'm happy to see you doing your moderator work to help resolve some old issues ; )
Cheers
Lara
Post a Comment