Saturday, July 28, 2007

I'm back from vacation...

We're back from vacation and had a great week! More details & pics to follow soon in another post. I will add that there wasn't one referral at FTIA (that we know of) while I was gone. Such a bummer to return to that...I was hoping for at least 2 or 3. Oh well, hopefully next week will bring lots of good news.

So my blogger friend (and FTIA pal) Joanna has "tagged" me. I have to list 7 things about myself and then tag 7 other people. So I'll tag all you other FTIA gals out there reading this and also my friend Kat out there in Minnesota. :)

1. I have become an internet addict (read: message board addict) since this adoption process has begun last December. I cannot believe I made it this entire week w/out a computer. We were on the boardwalk in Wildwood, NJ and there was an internet cafe and I *almost* went in (but Craig talked me out of it and bought me an ice cream instead! :)
2. I have had 2 cats for the past 10 years and I am allergic to them. I cannot bear to part with them so I am usually medicated.
3. I am a piler...I put everything and anything in piles. And the piles need to be at 90 degree angles (a little like Monica from friends, but not that bad). Yes, I believe I have mild OCD.
4. I always have tons of laundry (2 little boys will do that to you) but I hate doing it. So I wait until its absolutely necessary and do 7 loads at once. My mother told me to do one load a day and it wouldn't be so bad...I know its true, but I just can't do it.
5. I have gained 15 pounds since Jan '06 (when we started our infertility treatments again) due to hormones and stress eating. Of course we stopped treatments Jan '07 but stress eating has continued due to the adoption process. I'm starting my diet and exercise again on Aug 1st so I can be in shape for my little girl.
6. I have a short temper...I always say its from my Irish heritage. For example, something angered me last year and I kicked a whole in my bedroom wall with the heel of my boot. I covered it with a floor mirror. I then put myself in time out. :)
7. I am a good mother, IMHO. :) My boys never leave my thoughts and I make every decision with them in mind. I am always thinking about them, worrying about them and always trying to make them happy...except when I'm on the computer (LOL)!!!

Jen :]

2 comments:

Nicole said...

LOL! I would have never thought you had a short temper!

I guess I better get to work on my list....

Glad you guys had a good vacation!

Kathryn said...

Okay, I'm tagged!Check my blog :)

Kat