Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Okay, so they DIDN'T lie...

Okay, so 1st off I will APOLOGIZE to the Newark USCIS. They rec'd my application on 3/23, prepared my letter on 3/26 and mailed it out on 3/27. Today, 4/10, I receive the letter postmarked 3/27...ummm, isn't that 2 weeks?? That's right...apparently the letter was lost somewhere at the post office because it took 14 days to get from Newark to Flemington. So I'm thrilled of course to see the letter until I opened it and looked at my appointment...IT WAS THIS MORNING AT 10AM!!!! I OPENED THE LETTER AT 2:30PM!!! So of course I'm freaking out and almost hysterical. I called the number at the bottom of the letter which is for rescheduling. But at this point I realize they think I was a total no show! In a panic I tell the woman what happened and she says, can you come in next Tuesday at 10am? I say of course and she says she'll send me out new letters.

So of course I was relieved and it all worked out just fine, but this would only happen to me. Of all the letters to get lost, why this one!?!?! Unbelievable. Well, the good news is that I didn't expect to get an appt until at least the 24th...so the 17th is a week earlier, so I should be happy! But of course I can't get it out of my head that I could have been done with my fingerprints today - TODAY!!!! Ggggrrrrrrr.....so now I say -

**I HATE YOU USPS!!!!!**

By the way, have you heard, I have a fingerprint appt next Tuesday - YAY!!!!!!
Jen :)

No comments: