Yes, our social worker George came today for our 1st visit. It was very easy; we were worried for nothing as usual! He took a tour of the house & the yard. He asked to see our fire extinguishers and tested our smoke alarms. Then we sat and talked for a while and he asked us some pretty basic questions...and that was it! We were done just in time for the boys to arrive home from school. George seemed to get a kick out of them. We had donuts & coffee on the table and when the boys saw them they ripped off their coats, grabbed a donut and starting INHALING! George talked to them for a few minutes and they were sweet, telling him all about their day at school. I said that maybe he should note that I don't normally feed my children donuts for lunch. He laughed and pretended to write "...feeds children donuts for breakfast, lunch & dinner!" When he was getting ready to leave the boys yelled down from upstairs "Bye George Washington!!!" It was cute.
So that's that. We'll have our last visit either next week or the week after. Then I hand in all of my forms to him and he prepares the final homestudy report. He thinks I should have a final report by mid-March...yay! At that point we can mail our I600A to the USCIS office in Newark for their approval...well, I'll actually drive it to Newark - I'd rather hand someone the paperwork in person!! I'll feel SOOOOOOO much better once that I600A is filed. It will be such a big accomplishment.
We're getting excited as we near the end of our "paperchase"! Looking forward to handing everything in.
Thanks for reading,
Jen :]
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
First homestudy visit completed!!!
Posted by
redhawks
at
3:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment