We received the call that would change our lives...our little girl had arrived! Well, she was already one month old but she arrived into OUR lives. I remember walking out of work around 2:30 (I had a P/T job last year to keep me busy while waiting for Ava) and I grabbed my cell phone expecting to see no missed calls...but there WAS one...one from my agency. My heart started pounding and I knew this was IT! I calmly called my agency coordinator back and she was on another line!!! They said she would call me back. About 45 minutes later (which felt like an ETERNITY) she called back and announced that our baby girl was here! She rattled off a lot of information but I didn't hear much of it...she said it would all be in the packet that I would receive tomorrow...pictures would be included too...so I had to wait 24 hours before I could see her face. But it didn't matter, I was already in love with the idea of her. But the next day when FedEx arrived I fell in love with her face...

And here's the little princess today...
Not much celebrating today since she has a cold, but she's still smiling thru her runny eyes & nose.
Jen :]
Thursday, September 18, 2008
One year ago today...
Posted by
redhawks
at
9:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I remember the day you got her picture like it was yesterday! It's been so fun to follow your journey to your princess.
I hope she is feeling better today.
She's a beauty!
jen..
now that our babies are home it seems like this year went sooooo fast. if you had asked me that 6 moths ago I woulsd have said this past year was an ETERRNITY...
congrats!!! isnt it great to look back at the referral pics & see how much theyve changed
alex
It's so amazing how time flies. Ava is so beautiful. I remember seeing you at the embassy and Ava was wearing her purple hat with the flower and you had said she had been so very fussy. I look at all the pictures you post and you almost forget that she hasn't always been with you. Congratulations on making it so far.
Wow! So hard to believe it has already been a year, but I am sure it also is hard to imagine life before she came home.
She's beautiful! I remember your post announcing her arrival-- seems like just yesterday! :-)
She is beautiful!! Happy Anniversary!!
Robyn
Ava was completely worth the wait. She's just precious as they come! I remember seeing her pics for the first time thinking how gorgeous she was even from the get-go! :)
Just beautiful!
Nancy (from resolve)
She is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment