First, the boys had a basketball game today and they KICKED BUTT. They are defensive machines!! They do great on offense too, but there was one kid on the other team who was just scoring non-stop...#8. Well, once our boys were brought out on the court they totally shut this kid down. I almost stood up and yelled "Wuz up #8?!?!" But Craig thought it would be inappropriate for a 6 year old basketball game. ;)
Second, a few things to mention in adoption land. Some people who went into PGN w/out PA the week before me are now being kicked out. So that's good news. Hopefully I'll be kicked out in the next week or so too.
The Central Authority (CA) handed out registration forms on Friday and said they would start accepting them on Monday. You can read about it on guatadopt.com. This is very promising that they are moving so quickly. The only weird thing is that the people who handed out the forms are the people who just got the boot earlier in the week...not the newly appointed members. Sooooo...hopefully the "new" CA members will agree with the forms that were handed out. They are pretty basic forms which are very similar to the Aviso that gets filed when you enter into PGN, so hopefully the new guys won't have an issue with them.
In Ava news, I received an email from my foster mother earlier in the week. She said...
Hello Jennifer:
Greetings for you.
I am writing to tell you that I received the things that you left for Ava when you came to visit her. But I did not receive the cameras. Ava is well, she sends many kisses and hugs. Blessings for you.
PS: Your children are beautiful. Thanks for sending me a picture.
So I was very happy that they transferred her things over. Not sure if she received all of it (obviously not the disposable cameras) but I'm grateful that some of it was retrieved. Just in case it wasn't I sent down two small packages with some essentials (onesies, clothes, socks, bibs, cameras & toys). On Thursday, I received another email from our foster mother. She said...
Hello Jennifer:
I am writing to tell him that today Anibal delivered to me 1 package that you sent to Ava, the content of the package is clothes, 2 cameras and 2 toys. Thanks, all is very pretty. Kisses and hugs from your tender baby. God bless you.
So she received the one package and she should be getting the second package by Wednesday. And then we'll be down there on 2/14 to leave her more things. I'll be leaving the next size up, 6-9 months.
And I'll have to end this with some very sad news. One of my adoption blogging buddies, Aileen, received devastating news from her adoption agency this week. Her baby girl Ariana had passed away. She was sick and came down with pneumonia. She was hospitalized but unfortunately was not strong enough to fight it off. Our thoughts and prayers go out to them during this very difficult time. Rest in peace sweet Ariana.
Jen

No comments:
Post a Comment