Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Entering the black hole...

Well, we were entered into PGN (a.k.a. the Black Hole) on December 27th! This is the last (and most painful) step on the Guatemalan side of the adoption. The rest of the steps mostly involve the US Embassy.

A normal smooth ride thru PGN is usually around 8 weeks. We have seen some get out in less time and some sitting in PGN for months and months. If a reviewer finds an error with your file they issue you a "previo", which basically kicks you out of PGN so that your attorney can make the correction. Then, the attorney resubmits your file but you start over with a new 8 week wait (beautiful system, eh?!?) But I have to believe that PGN wants to be done with all of these pipeline cases sooner rather than later. So hopefully now that the new year has begun they will start working hard to get us all out of their hair!

So pray that we have a short, painfree ride thru PGN with NO KICKOUTS!!!

Jen :]

6 comments:

The gFamily said...

Praying that you get out of the black hole very soon!! May your ride be smooth and previo free!!! Oh, I hope they are ready to get rid of all of us! I want out too!!

Gretchen

Steph said...

Yay!! This is great news! I sure hope PGN is kind to all of us in this new year!

Anonymous said...

Congrats...wishing you a speedy OUT!!!

Jaimee said...

Congrats on being in PGN! Awesome!!! From referral to PGN, your timeline looks great, I hope it stays that way and you get OUT very soon! BTW, it's a good thing I didn't use an international adoption Dr., they would not have liked the growth rate of Isabela's head either. She has a tiny head and tiny feet, but is full of spunk.

-Jaimee

Kathryn said...

Here is wishing you a speed travels through the black hole :)

Hugs,
Kat

Emily said...

Congrats! I'm praying for you!

Emily