Today the Guatemalan Congress approved the Ortega Law. The effective date will be 12/31/07. As far as adoptions in process go, my agency said this...
"The law states that adoptions must be registered with the new Central Authority within 30 days of the implementation date of December 31, 2007. The Central Authority will be an autonomous organization called the Consejo Nacional de Adopciones (CNA). The CNA will have a directive body made up of 1 representative each from the Foreign Affairs Ministry, Supreme Court, and Social Welfare (Bienestar Social). Each organization must name its representative within 2 weeks of the effective date and write regulations within 60 days of the effective date."
So there are no real specifics yet. The CNA, as of right now, does not even exist yet. They have until 1/15 to name their representatives and they have until 3/1 to write regulations (whatever that means)...and we have to be registered by 1/30...hmmmm.
Also still up in the air is whether all adoptions in process will be ABLE to register. There was a nasty rumor last week that only those cases already in PGN by 12/31 will be able to register. Because of that rumor, I asked my agency to tell my lawyer to put me into PGN w/out PA as soon as possible (just in case this rumor is true). I don't know when or if that was done; hopefully I'll hear something when I get my updates on Monday.
Keep praying,
Jen
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Ortega Law Approved...
Posted by
redhawks
at
5:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Jen~That is pretty much what my agency said as well. My attorney does not typically submit cases to PGN before PA, but she may have to reconsider. I've also just asked my Senator to inquire on our PA (we are on Day 18), doesn't hurt.
Sweet Jen,
Sending my prayers and love, as always.
(((HUGS))),
Melis
Jen, you are all in my thoughts and prayers as well!! Bureaucracy, sigh... (rolling eyes)
Jennifer
We're right there praying with you! We think we exited family court last week, but are waiting for clarification. If so, I'm right there asking to be entered without PA too, just in case!
Ariana's Mommy
Being thinking about you! I hope that you can get into PGN soon!
Good luck, know that we love you very much and are always thinking and praying for you and for Ava to come home NOW!
Kat
Praying for a quick PA for you!!!
Post a Comment