Thursday, September 27, 2007

We now may lose our daughter...

The United States Department of State, along with the Joint Council on International Childrens Services (JCICS) has reported that the President of Guatemala has announced that all intercountry adoptions with the U.S. will be suspended January 1 2008 if they are not complete. Obviously, there is no way our adoption will be complete by year end...it has just begun. So Craig and I, along with thousands of other families in process, need everyones help. Here is the link to the JCICS site explaining their Guatemala Initiative and how you can help.

Guatemala5000

Also, there is an online petition that has been issued by the FOA (Focus on Adoption) group. Here is the link; please sign it...

FOA Online Petition

Please make phone calls, send letters and sign the petition. All Guatemalan adoptive parents in process are at risk...please do what you can, along with sending lots of prayers our way.

Thank you,
Jen

3 comments:

jajbs said...

I want to thank you for the gifts you sent to Jake and Bella. I never posted pictures because of the drama we began experiencing with our adoption. Susana Luarca (of the ADA) is our attorney and we got caught up as her political pawn for her ADA agenda. It has been a NIGHTMARE!!! Anyway, it was thoughtful of you to think of Jake! He actually slept with his football for weeks! You made him very happy!

I am praying and believing that God is going to move on the hearts of the people in Guat and her in the US and your baby is coming home!!! Hold on tho His promises-- he NEVER breaks them. It may get rough, but He will see you through!

Have a good week!

Amanda

Kathryn said...

OMG! I still have faith that Ava will make it home. I signed the petition and will go whatever it takes to help you and all that other parents out there bring there babies home!

Jen-please remember that you are always in my thoughts and prayers!

Kat

Anonymous said...

Jen,

Just a note that I am thinking of you and sending you tons of prayers and good wishes. I really hope that everyone's efforts make a difference here, and that Ava will join you speedily. This whole process has too many twists and turns....

Love,
Ali and Jacob