So over the past week I've been busy assembling a package to send down to Ava's foster mother. I have three gallon sized ziploc bags...two are being taken by someone at my agency (thanks Robin!) and one is being taken by my dear friend Melis (thanks sweetie!) I've written a long note to our foster mother and had it translated by an agency friends husband who is fluent in Spanish (thanks Munoz family!) I included 2 disposable cameras so the foster mother can take lots of pictures of Ava. I also included a pink blanket (thanks SBP!) that we've been sleeping with. I'm also sending a mini tape recorder so Ava can hear our voices...we talk to her and read her stories on the tape. I also stole an idea from my blogger pal Joanna (thanks J!) and bought a soft photo album made especially for babies. I included pics of us, the boys, the cats and our home so the foster mom can show Ava. I also put labels on the photos and translated them into Spanish so the foster mom can read them. And then there's the clothes...here's some pics of what I included. I can't wait to actually see her wearing them!!!
Hugs to all,
Jen :]
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Sending gifts to Ava...
Posted by
redhawks
at
7:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
OMG, how cute are those outfits!! I especially love the red and pink striped one! We brought down the same soft photo album for Anelisa with pics of Mario and I together/separate and one of sweet Chippy :( and one of our bunny (of course we didn't think to actually write who the pics were of - HA!)!!
I know Ava will just love it all and will be so happy to get to meet (and smell and hear :) her family!
Love to you my friend,
Melis
ps. sorry, the above deleted post was from me.
I love your package! What a great collage of different things to send down- they'll love it! :-)
Such wonder gifts.I love the picture book.The clothes are adorable. Ava is going to love them all especially to hear your voices.Hugs to you and your beautful family, Kelly and Skylie
I love all of the things you are sending Ava!!! I hope you had fun shopping for your daughter, I know I can't get over how cute girl stuff is and I'm spoiling Isabela for it. What a great Mommy you are to put this care package together so quickly!!!
-Jaimee
Post a Comment