(Pregnancy, delivery, children mentioned...)
Six years ago today two precious miracles were born. I was 36 1/2 weeks along and the doctor chose July 12th to induce me because I had mild preeclampsia and I was dilated 1-2cm. They started the induction at 7am...by 11:30am I was pushing. Of course, nothing was happening and by noon they decided to turn back my epidural so that I could FEEL more so I could push better. Well the anesthesiologist said that the epidural was on the minimum dosage, so he couldn't turn it back he had to turn it off...WHAT!?!?!? Well, turn it off they did...boy, that thing wears off in about 10 minutes. It worked, because I could definitely FEEL IT!!! It still took 1 1/2 hours to get Justin out...he was stubborn then and he is stubborn now. The cord happened to be around his neck 2 times and that cord was also attached to his brother who, at that time, was still in his bag of water...no wonder he wasn't coming out nicely!! But after some suction and a lot of hard pushing out popped Justin Michael at 1:40pm and happily peed all over the nurses.
The pain was completely gone at that point - for about 5 minutes. Then I had to re-dilate back to 10cm while Brian made his way down. They broke his water and I pushed 3 or 4 times and out came Brian Andrew at 2:03pm. He was much easier! :)
They were perfectly healthy little guys and within 30 minutes we were all rolled back to my room.
And here they are today...no longer babies but little men...
Happy Birthday Boys...we love you!!!
Jen :]
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Six years ago today...
Posted by
redhawks
at
9:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What cuties!
Happy Birthday boys...you have raised two adorable little ones and should be very very proud!!!
Kat
I love to see the pictures! What a great memory to have of your little ones arrival. :-)
Post a Comment