So we're home from the Great Wolf Lodge...what a great place! It only took us 1hr 15min to get there. We got there around 11:30am and your room isn't really supposed to be ready until 4pm but they had a room ready and we were able to check in right away. The lobby is so nice...like you're in a huge log cabin. And the place was really clean too. Very cool room w/bunk beds for the boys and a big bed all to myself (well at least until 7:30am when both boys showed up and climbed in with me!) We spent all day at the indoor water park...what an awesome place. I even went down a waterslide...very fun. We spent the evening at the arcade, then dinner, then a little show in the lobby followed by a bedtime story read in front of the lobby fireplace. All the little kids came and sat around the fire in their jammies; so cute! After the story we headed back to our room and I'm thinking they will pass out and I will have the evening to myself to watch some bad TV. But no...instead Justin informs me to hit the Menu button on the remote so I could order them a movie. I told them it was $8 for a movie and we could watch one when we got home. Brian then tells me "Oh come on, just order it! I'll give ya five bucks from my piggybank!!" So we watched Happy Feet and we all fell asleep. :)
All was repeated the following day (except the movie!) and we returned home last night. Fun was had by all and we will definitely be back; probably sometime this winter. Looking forward to taking our little girl there one day! Here's some pics from the trip...
On the 2nd day while the boys & I were eating our lunch, a woman started talking to me. She was there w/a stroller and a baby girl who was probably around 8 months old...very cute & chubby! She asked me the oh-so-popular "Are they twins?" question and then we started a conversation. Turns out she is a "fertile"...lol...the baby was her 4th child and she told me that all four were "accidents"; I'm hoping she meant "unplanned". Her oldest is going to be a senior in high school, then a 10yo, a 4yo and the new baby. I knew the question was coming...I could feel it...and then she said it..."So, are you planning on having any more?" And w/out pause I looked at her and said "No, I can't have any more." And she said "Oh, I'm so sorry." I could tell she was uncomfortable, and for a minute I was happy she was uncomfortable. Battling infertility has changed me and has made me very aware of the things I say. Since I began TTC (trying to conceive) back in 1998 I have NEVER asked anyone about their baby plans, because I knew how much those questions can sting if you're having problems in that department. Maybe, because of my answer, this woman will think twice about asking someone that question again. And maybe, just maybe, a fellow infertile sisters feelings will be spared. I didn't want to get into my adoption plans with her, but I did tell her that the boys were my little miracles and I was thrilled to have two healthy, beautiful boys. We then talked a little about different infertility treatments and had a nice little talk. I just wonder when these types of questions will end. Will it be when I'm in my fifties, and people assume I'm in menopause?? You think after you have a child everyone will leave you alone, but the questions keep coming. If you have one child the question becomes "When will you have another??" If you have two children it's "Will you have a third??" If you have a boy they say "Will you have a girl??" And so on and so on. It gets a little exhausting. I already have my response ready when I get asked this question after our little girl is home..."No. Our family is complete."
Thanks for reading,
Jen :]
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Returned from GWL...
Posted by
redhawks
at
6:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Jen
I know exactly what you mean. Infertility has also changed me and I feel so guarded when I sense these kinds of questions coming on. I guess it will only get worse when we bring our babies home! Ugh! It seems that people think they have the right to know about our personal lives when it comes to children.
Stephanie (FTIA)
Amen Jen! I couldn't have said it better myself. How ironic, I posted something very similar today as well. Thank you for posting this experience.
I'm sorry that you got stuck with a "fetile" this weekend, but hopefully you are right and she maybe learned something about keeping her big mouth shut :) I love the comment about "our family is complete" I may have to steal that :}
Looks the boys had a great time, what a neat place.
Kat
You go girl... thanks for always doing right but us IF'ers :)!
The pics rock and it sounds like you and the boys had a great time!
HUGS,
Melis
ps. got my google acct to work again :)
Post a Comment