Justin has had an exciting week, to say the least. First, his hand is all bandaged up due to a HUGE blister on his palm from over using the monkey bars. He can climb up, down, across & backwards on anything! Ahhh, climbing...this leads to his next adventure and the cause of me aging at least 10 years and probably gaining a dozen new grey hairs. I was in our office which is directly across the hall from the boys bedroom. The boys were in their playroom at the end of the hall, but apparently Justin went into his bedroom and I didn't hear him. He was in there to change his clothes, which he does often (he's worse than a woman!!) They have an armoire in their room which houses most of their clothing.
He apparently wanted something on the top shelf.
He couldn't reach.
He decided to climb the armoire.
I hear a huge crash and screaming.
I run in and find the armoire on top of him.
I get that super human Mom strength and lift the armoire off of him.
I realize he is fine...a miracle...and the two of us sat & sobbed.
The only thing that kept him from being crushed was the armoire doors...they were open...and when it fell forward the doors kept it from falling completely on him. He was left w/a bruised foot and that's it. He's fine. The moral of the story...keep your furniture attached to the walls even if you think they'll never climb it.
On a funnier note, I overheard Justin talking to his brother yesterday about this girl, Julia, in his class. Justin has loved Julia since the 1st day of Kindergarten. He says to his brother "Julia is the hottest girl in my class, but not as hot as Mom." EXCUSE ME...Hottest?!?!? When did 6 yo's start saying "Hot"??? I guess they heard it on the bus or on TV. I lost another year off my life when I heard that. But I guess I should be happy that he thinks I'm a "hot mom"...
Jen:)
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
I lost at least 10 yrs off my life...
Posted by
redhawks
at
12:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Guess you are one hot momma! What a sweet thing to hear, a maybe a little creepy :)
I am glad that he is okay and that you are okay. I would still be in tears if that happened to Liv!
Kat
Hey Hot Momma with SUPER POWERS!
Glad everyone is doing ok... It is amazing the strenghes we get when we need them!
HUGS
Ellie
Post a Comment