Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Senators office called back...

So yesterday I mentioned that I was going to call Senator Menendez's office. The woman who answered the phone (which by the way I was shocked to hear someone answer the phone & not a recording) told me that the person in charge of dealing w/USCIS was out today. So I left a voice mail. The message said it usually takes her 2 days to return calls...so I forgot about it. Well at 5pm I get a call and my caller ID says "US Government" so I answered. It was someone from the Senator's office saying she rec'd my voicemail. She told me to fax over my USCIS documents w/a cover letter and they would "initiate an inquiry on my behalf". She said they couldn't guarantee anything and it didn't mean my file would go to the top of the pile, but the file would be pulled and looked at. So *HOPEFULLY* when they pull my file and see they have everything they need they will just issue the I171-H...hopefully. So this morning I had Craig fax everything over to them. So we'll just have to wait & see what happens! I guess my next post will be when I receive the coveted I171-H a.k.a. The Holy Grail of International Adoption!

Thanks for reading,
Jen :]

No comments: