Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Fingerprints are done, man! :)

Yes, we went to the Newark office today for our USCIS fingerprinting appointment. They are done and now we wait for the I171-H form and then we are officially on the wait list for our little girl!!!

So the day went a little like this...the boys get on the bus @ 8:25. Craig and I leave @ 8:35. We get onto Rt. 202 North in order to go to Rt. 287 North. This usually takes 20 minutes...well, yesterday the Northeast had the worst rainstorms EVER IN HISTORY and yesterday was declared a state of emergency. People's houses are flooded, roads are flooded and/or closed...it's a total mess. So apparently this morning everyone and their mother took the highway instead of taking back roads. So due to this volume it didn't take us 20 minutes, it took 1 hour!!! Well, about 20 minutes into the trip I knew we would never get there by 10am. So after a small (okay, not so small) panic attack/meltdown which consisted of me screaming, swearing, crying & punching the window with my fist I decided to call the # on my appointment letter (which is NOT the # of the fingerprinting place - they have no #) and told them that we would be late. She says no problem, they understand that there are bad road conditions, traffic, etc. Okay, so I calmed down.

We're now on Rt. 21 North heading towards Newark about 10 minutes away from our exit. Craig is doing 65/70mph in the slow lane and there's a big truck next to us in the middle lane. We see something blue up ahead in our lane and we both think its a tarp or something. Turns out it is a full size ALUMINUM LADDER!!!!!! Well, there was no where to go so, you guessed it, we smashed right into it and set it flying. I was at this point waiting for the tires to blow out and while waiting decided that I would walk the rest of the way in my 3" heels because there was no way in he$$ that I was missing this appointment!!! Turns out the car was okay so we kept going. We finally get there and wait in a long line so that we could get a # to wait in a different room. We are 2nd in line and all of a sudden a fire alarm goes off...are you kidding me????? No one in the office looked panicked, so we stayed calm too. I was prepared to burn because there was no way in he$$ that I was getting off that line!!! So the alarm goes off, apparently a false alarm. In any event, our fingerprints are done, the rain has stopped, the car is in one piece and we have not been burned. Floods, ladders & fire...is someone trying to tell us something?!?!?!?

Sigh...what a day! Thanks for reading...
Jen :)

No comments: