Thursday, March 15, 2007

Homestudy Finalized!!!

Okay, so on Wednesday morning I woke up to an email from our social worker containing the draft of our homestudy. Craig & I reviewed it and sent it back w/corrections. Later that day he sent us the final draft and it looked good. He sent it to our coordinator Amanda at FTIA and today she approved it! So the social worker had it notarized this afternoon and fedex'd it to FTIA in Indiana. They will sign it and send me back the originals. I will have them next week!!! Then I can FINALLY file my I600A and begin the certifying/authenticating process, which shouldn't take too long.

Along with that came an update from our agency regarding recent happenings in Guatemala, politics, Dept of State warnings, etc. etc. They believe that everything will be fine and the lawyers they deal w/in Guat are very ethical and honest. They are accepting new applications and handing out referrals so all looks good!

So today I am a happy girl...
Jen :) :) :)

No comments: